CoreOS Fest Berlin, the Open Source Distributed Systems Conference, brings together experts from all over the world to discuss container technologies, distributed systems and open source software to help take the industry to the next level in distributed computing.
The 2016 event will gather 500+ developers, devops professionals and sysadmins together to explore the next steps in making container technologies successful and secure.
Learn more at coreos.com/fest
What are your containers doing? It’s one thing to know which containers are coming and going; it’s an entirely different thing to understand how your applications, microservices, are behaving in this brave new containerized world.
In this demo-driven presentation, Luca Marturana will cover the current state of the art of container and microservice monitoring, including the pros and cons of some popular approaches. Using real tools running in live environments, he will demonstrate how to effectively monitor, explore and troubleshoot production rkt deployments.
The presentation will feature live interaction with container environments and live demos of all tools and techniques discussed. Special emphasis will be put on Kubernetes, the open source orchestration tool, as well as sysdig, an open source container and system troubleshooting tool developed by the presenter.
GitHub link: https://github.com/draios/sysdig
Specific topics will include:
* visualizing the physical vs logical architecture of rkt deployments
* understanding performance at the holistic microservice/application level for orchestrated systems
* Leveraging Kubernetes metadata such as pods and replication controllers for more intelligent troubleshooting
* identifying and surfacing system activity of individual rkt containers
* extracting process and application-level performance metrics from inside containers using non-intrusive methods
* troubleshooting detailed network activity among distributed containers